Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 unveiled with Wireless Charging S Pen, Dual Camera and more
Last week, Samsung Malaysia has revealed Galaxy Tab S6 as the successor of the previous Galaxy Tab S4. The new premium Android tablet is packed with cool features like the wireless charging S Pen with Air actions, Samsung DeX support, a dual camera, as well as an in-display fingerprint scanner. Read on for more details.
As a possible serious contender to the iPad Pro, the Galaxy Tab S6 has quite a lot to offer. The S Pen has been enhanced with remote control functionality and wireless charging capabilities. You are able to remotely perform tasks on the tablet using S Pen Air actions gesture function. Now chargeable wirelessly, the S Pen gives you up to 10 hours of battery life after charging for 10 minutes.
In addition to that, Samsung DeX is supported on the Galaxy Tab S6. It’s a platform that allows you to seamlessly extend your tablet into a PC-like experience. The optional Book Cover Keyboard has been fine-tuned with an S Pen holder, free-angle stand and touchpad. There is a DeX function key in keyboard where you can launch and close DeX with the tap of a key.
Galaxy Tab S6 is powered by a Snapdragon 855 processor with 6/8GB RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage. The storage is expandable up to 1TB via a microSD card. The tablet sports 10.5-inch Super AMOLED display, paired with quad speakers sound by AKG and Dolby Atmos.
The next-generation tablet is Samsung’s first dual camera with Ultra Wide camera on a tablet as well as the first tablet to feature the in-display Fingerprint Scanner.
GALAXY TAB S6 SPECIFICATIONS
- Processor : 7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz)
- Display : 10.5” WQXGA, Super AMOLED
- Memory : 6GB + 128GB or 8GB +256GB , MicroSD (Up to 1TB)
- Camera : 8MP(Front), 13MP + 5MP (Rear)
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS : GPS + GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Sensors : Optical Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Audio : 4 speakers sound by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Battery : 7,040mAh (Tablet), 0.35mAH (S Pen)
- Dimension : 244.5 x 159.5 ×5.7mm
- Weight : 420g
- Accessories : Book Cover Keyboard, Book Cover, POGO Charging Dock, S Pen
AVAILABILITY AND PRICING
Galaxy Tab S6 comes in three colour choices – Mountain Gray, Cloud Blue, Rose Blush. No official release date and pricing has been revealed by Samsung Malaysia though.
[UPDATE 4th October 2019]: The Galaxy Tab S6 is now available in Malaysia. The 6GB+128GB variant is priced at RM 3,099. You can get a Tab S6 Book Cover Keyboard worth RM699, by just topping up RM200 upon purchase of a new Galaxy Tab S6. The PWP offer is valid till 31st October 2019, or while stocks last.